A safe, connected community that celebrates diversity and grows together
Murwillumbah Community Centre – Temporary changes to service delivery
The health and safety of our staff, volunteers, clients and community will continue to be our main priority.
Please do not visit the centre if you:
Phone us on 02 6672 3003 or email email@example.com and we will assist you as best we can.
As many of our community are already facing a range of vulnerabilities and disadvantage it is vital that our service remains open throughout this period, however, to ensure we all stay safe, the following changes to service delivery will occur.
Services which will continue operating
- Emergency Relief – Service will continue under the normal guidelines however clients will not need to provide an income statement to be assessed (identification showing your address will need to be presented instead) Client’s will be assessed in an open area in line with social distancing recommendations.
- Financial counselling – Financial Counselling service has resumed face to face appointments. Reccomended social distancing and hygine practices will be in place.
- Information & Referral – The centre will remain open during normal business hours (9.00am to 4.30pm Monday to Thursday and 9.00am to 12.00pm Friday) We ask that anyone coming the centre please follow our social distancing guidelines and procedures.
- Community Food HUB – The Food pantry will remain open Wednesday & Thursday 10.00am to 3.00pm. Extra hygiene precautions will be introduced along with social distancing and limiting the use of cash sales.
- Indigenous Family Support – This service has resumed face to face appointments. Reccomended social distancing and hygine practices will be in place. .
- Nullum House – Nullum House drop in centre will be open for normal service delivery (Monday, Tuesday and Thursday 9.00 to 1.00) for clients to access showers, breakfast, tea and coffee. Strict social distancing, hygine and capacity practices will be in place.
Services which will not be operating until further notice
- After school youth group
- Young Womens group
- Nullum House Tuesday and Thursday meal program
- Kids Caring for Country after school group
- Guyahyn Aboriginal supported playgroup
We will continue to review our operations and are monitoring all communications from the Australian Government and the World Health Organisation on the situation to make ongoing decisions as this event evolves.
Murwillumbah Community Centre provides general, financial, legal, tenancy and other services. Click read more below to visit our HUB page to find out more.
Drop in and social inclusion centre, providing free meal programs, activities and homeless support
We deliver and manage a range of high quality youth programs and activities from our dedicated youth space
Community pantry, cooking classes, training and skill development
Do you need to hold a meeting, workshop or function? Or do you need office space? We have rooms and offices for hire. Click read more below to visit the Venue Hire page for more information.
Get in Touch. Get Involved.
Nullum Street, Knox Park Murwillumbah NSW 2484