No Interest Loan Scheme Tweed Shire
The Northern Rivers Gateway provides Interest Free Loans for people on low incomes and who live on the Far North Coast of NSW.
NILS offers a viable alternative for people who face barriers in gaining access to small amounts of credit on fair and reasonable terms for the purchase of basic and essential household goods.
How much can be borrowed?
The maximum amount of the loan currently available is $1200.
What can I purchase with a NILS loan?
NILS loans can be used to buy essential household items such as:
- White goods – fridges, washing machines
- Essential electrical goods
- Approved medical equipment
- Other approved worthwhile purposes
NILS will not provide loans for:
- Second hand goods
- Emergency relief
- Debt repayment
- Tenancy bonds
- General living expenses, e.g. phone
How do you know if you are eligible for a NILS loan?
If you answer ‘yes’ to the following questions you are eligible to apply for a No Interest Loan through Lismore Neighbourhood Centre:
- Are you on a low income, e.g. the holder of a health care card?
- Have you lived in the Tweed Shire for at least the past six months?
- Can you repay a loan of up to $1200 in approximately 12 months?
- Will this loan improve the health and well being of you or your family?
Phone Northern Rivers Community Gateway on (02) 6621 7397 for an appointment.. A NILS loan officer will make an appointment to see you at the Murwillumbah Community Centre.